Nobody likes being home alone, myself included. I tend to surround myself with people for the fear of being alone, bored and lonely.
But yesterday I had to make the most of being alone. All my housemates had gone home to see families, gone to work, and caught up with friends. But because I have a job, I am forced to stay at my Uni house…. alone! For one night only!
So.. what can you do, when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. So that’s what I did! I headed down to my local Asda and bought a curry for one £3 something, Company magazine (to keep me company) and a bottle of sparkling rose £3. I then got home, put my curry in the oven and watched Britains got talent. After that finished, I went to bed with my glass of wine, painted my nails and watched a movie. Before I knew it it was time for bed.
So when your alone here are my top tips for a successful night in
- Treat yourself with a takeaway or an Asda curry for one
- Get the bottle of wine flowing, or cider and just relax
- You finally have some alone time, get your pj’s on and snuggle on the sofa
- Pamper yourself and do your nails with that new nail varnish you bought last week
- Put the television on, (your new best friend when your home alone)
- And finally…. Get into bed with the rest of your bottle, read a magazine or watch a cosy film whilst your nodding off
Although I’m not a fan of nights home alone, and dread the day when I’m living by myself! My night in was a success, and although a little tipsy off my bottle of wine.. I made the most of my night.